Effective Date: December 1, 2015.
If you have an Account with us, you can access information associated with you. This information includes a history of the URLs you have shortened. If you are not a registered user, you can access the metrics pages for your Gomv Links by adding the "+" symbol to the end of the URL.
- User Information: You don’t need an account to create Gomv Links and you can use many of the features of the Services without registering. When you create Gomv Account, we will collect personal information from you, such as your name and email address. If you create an Account using your login from another account, such as Facebook or Twitter, we will access and collect the basic personal information about you (which is based on your privacy settings), so that you can create your Account with us.
- URL Information: We collect and store both the original URL and the shortened URL and, if you are logged in to your Account, we will associate that information with your Account.
- Links Data and Analytics: Gomv collects information about clicks of every Gomv Link created through the Services. This information includes, but is not limited to: (1) the IP address and physical location of the devices accessing the Gomv Link; (2) the referring websites or services; (3) the time and date of each access.
- User Content: Some features of the Services allow you to provide content to the Services (such as written descriptions of URLs, banners, avatars, etc).
Information Collected Automatically:
- The Site automatically receives and records information from your web browser when you interact with the Services, such as your IP address, browser type, your general location and cookie information. This information may be used to help us understand how users transit a website, to fight spam/malware, to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Services.
- Generally, the Services automatically collect usage information, such as the number of visitors to the Site. We may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us and third parties authorized by us to analyze traffic and improve the Services.
- We will collect information about your general location (such as your city and state) when you visit the Site (which is derived from your IP address).
- Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies. If you disable cookies, you will not be able use most features of the Services.
- You can also manage other companies’ cookies used for online advertising here: Consumer Choice Page
WHAT INFORMATION IS SHARED?
Gomv Links and Usage Information:
Much of your activity on and through the Services is public by default. This includes, but is not limited to: the original URLs you have shortened, their corresponding Gomv Links, the time and date those URLs were shortened, analytics information for your Gomv Links. For registered users, some of this information is publicly accessible through a unique URL, which you can make non-public through your Account settings when you are logged in.
User Profile Information:
User profile information including your username, Twitter handle and Facebook account name (to the extent you have linked your Account with those services), and other information you enter may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Services.
Cases When Information May be Shared or Disclosed:
- We may transfer and/or provide information about our users in connection with an acquisition, sale of company assets, or other situation where user information would be transferred as one of our business assets. In such a case, the acquirer of Gomv may continue to use your information as set forth in this policy.
- Gomv reserves the right to access, read, and disclose any information as it reasonably believes is necessary to (1) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (2) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (3) enforce these Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (4) respond to user support requests. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and spam/malware prevention.
- With your consent we will share information about you when you instruct us to do so, such as when you share Gomv Links or content with others through the Services (like sharing/posting it with a Third Party Service).
HOW IS MY INFORMATION PROTECTED?
Your Account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You can prevent unauthorized access to your account or individual Gomv Links by your password. We employ very sophisticated ways of protecting your data, however, despite these efforts, no security measure is perfect or impenetrable. Gomv does not guarantee or warrant that such measures will prevent unauthorized access to the information about you that is stored by Gomv.